Theories and Framework Discussion
Tonight I felt was a great Skype session. Leading off of Michael’s topic of ‘Why do boys lose interest in dance?’ We discussed this in detail and Helen kindly explained how the framework is - Boys in dance in UK and how the theory is what spoke about, from social development, peer pressure, social media and psychological aspects. After this discussion I feel more confident in my understanding of frameworks and theories. Michael’s topic is a great talking point as so many of us have experienced a lack of boys or boys experiencing peer pressure so it’s great to hear others thoughts on the matter. Some valid points about disagreeing with a scholar’s opinion was also in our chat tonight. I would eventually like to research ‘disability in dance’ I found it fascinating to hear of ‘Sarah Whatley’s’ Article. I have had a quick look and noted down. A disability is not always disabling. Difference of opinions and disagreements gives me a certain fire in my belly so I shall certainly look into ...



Comments
Post a Comment